The goal of this working group is to promote new research innovations / technologies for the use in existing or upcoming regional or local LEWS. Today, operational LEWS often work with established methods. In this working group we would like to highlight ideas and experiences related to novel methods that are promising but not well-proven yet. And we want to discuss what is needed to successfully implement such innovations for operational use.
Quarterly online meetings
We usually meet four times per year for an online meeting with input presentations, discussions and short pop-up info from the WG members.
Specific sessions at international conferences
- Thursday, 27 April, 2023: EGU Annual meeting (Vienna, Austria) – Session NH3.7: Towards innovative Landslide monitoring, modelling, and Early Warning Systems
- 14-17 November, 2023: 6th World Landslide Forum (Florence, Italy) – Session 2.12: Landslide Early Warning Systems: Innovations and applications.
Most recent WG5 online meetings
- 3 February, 2023: Presentation by Yuri Gorokhovich (Lehman College, City Univ. of New York, USA)
- 6 September, 2022: Presentation by Sebastian Uhlemann (Lawrence Berkeley Nat. Lab, USA)
- 9 February 2022: Presentations by Annette Patton (University of Oregon, USA) and Adrian Wicki (Swiss Federal Research Institute, Switzerland)
Working Group Chairs
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information or you wish to be actively involved in the activities of this WG.