The first General Assembly (GA) of the LandAware network was held online on Friday, December 2, 2022.
After a brief recounting of the genesis of LandAware and its first two years of activities, the GA discussed the reorganization proposal made by the Executive Committee (EC), particularly regarding the working groups (WGs).
The proposal unanimously voted by the GA participating members is the following:
- WG1, WG2 and WG6, to be closed within a few months, after having finalized ongoing activities;
- WG3, WG4, WG5, WG7 and WG8, to continue the activities with current Chairs and co-Chairs;
- The Communication-Networking activity (former WG2) will be carried out directly by the EC, more specifically by a Secretary in the EC;
- The new EC for the period 2022-2024 comprises: all past members but Fausto Guzzetti and Dalia Kirschbaum; new member Ben Mirus;
- Michele Calvello was re-elected as LandAware’s president for the period 2022-2024, Stefano Luigi Gariano was nominated LandAware’s secretary for the period 2022-2024;
- New task forces may be created in the coming months in some WGs. The leaders of active task forces will be invited to participate in the EC meetings. In particular, a specific task force dedicated to training activities in south Asia was proposed by Thom Bogaard and approved.
- The current members of LandAware will soon be asked to confirm their willingness in continuing being members of the network, filling a new registration form.