NEWS received from
Stefano Luigi Gariano (CNR IRPI, Italy)
The call-for-abstracts of EGU General Assembly 2023 is open!
#EGU23 will be an in-person/hybrid event in Vienna, Austria, on 23-28 April 2023.
The abstract submission deadline is 10 January 2023, 13:00 CET.
If you want to apply for financial support, submit an abstract by 1 December 2022, 13:00 CET.
The session entitled “Towards reliable Landslide Early Warning Systems” is now open to receive contributions.
The session focuses on LEWSs at all scale (from local to regional) and stages of maturity (i.e., from prototype to active and dismissed ones).
Test cases describing operational application of consolidated approaches are welcome, as well as works dealing with promising recent innovations, even if still at an experimental stage. The session is not focused only on technical scientific aspects, and submissions concerning practical and social aspects are also welcome.
Contributions addressing the following topics will be considered positively:
– conventional and innovative slope-scale monitoring systems for early warning purposes
– conventional and innovative regional prediction tools for warning purposes
– innovative on-site instruments and/or remote sensing devices implemented in LEWS
– warning models for warning/alert issuing
– operational applications and performance analyses of LEWS
– communication strategies
– emergency phase management