The founding members of LandAware are happy to introduce you to a new international venue for multi-disciplinary knowledge-based cooperation among Landslide Early Warning Systems managers, researchers and stakeholders.
“LandAware – the international network on LEWS” was founded in July 2020 with the primary purpose to share experiences, needs and innovations among LEWS professionals and researchers and to develop and promote guidelines and best practices for upcoming LEWS.
In our vision, members of LandAware shall be committed to:
- exchanging experiences, innovations and best practices in the development and operation of LEWS;
- promoting staff training and supporting stakeholders responsible for landslide emergency response and risk management;
- fostering cooperation between members through collaborative studies on specific cases and benchmarking of LEWS worldwide;
- enhancing the communication and awareness about landslide risk to all the categories of stakeholders;
- organizing scientific gatherings and dissemination initiatives;
- producing common standards and terminology, guidelines, recommendations, opinion papers and white papers;
- creating and maintaining online platforms as authoritative sources of information on LEWS;
- liaising with other relevant organizations that share similar objectives.
Interested in cooperating for addressing and promoting issues related to LEWS? Simply fill a membership request and join us!
Welcome to LandAware.
We are looking forward to working with you,
Michele Calvello (President)
Stefano Luigi Gariano